Brendan B. Kelly
Brendan is a partner in the Pittsburgh office and manager of the firm’s National Portfolio Practice Group. He focuses exclusively on advocacy for taxpayers in matters primarily involving commercial real estate. Brendan brings a unique skill set to the firm as both an attorney and a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Siegel Jennings Brendan practiced law with one of Pittsburgh’s largest firms, where much of his work involved representing railroads in a variety of matters in both state and federal courts, including eminent domain litigation. As an appraiser, he has extensive experience in the valuation of a wide range of commercial properties. Drawing on both his legal and appraisal backgrounds, Brendan provides our clients with significant insight into emerging valuation issues.
Brendan received his BA from Miami University (Ohio) in 2001 and his JD from the University of San Diego School of Law in 2005. He is currently a Candidate for MAI Designation.
- Miami University (Ohio), BA, Business Journalism
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD
- Currently a Candidate for Designation by the Appraisal Institute
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Appraisal Institute
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Pittsburgh Chapter
- "Pitfalls, Opportunities Abound Within Pittsburgh's Property Tax Code" November 2020, Northeast Real Estate Business
- "Why You Should Reevaluate Your Property Taxes in Light of the Coronavirus Pandemic" Spring 2020, PRLA Restaurant and Lodging Matters