Brendan B. Kelly
Brendan serves dual roles as an attorney in Siegel Jennings' Pennsylvania practice group as well as a consultant in the firm's national portfolio group. He joined Siegel Jennings in 2018 and brings a unique skill set to the firm as both an attorney and a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Brendan previously practiced law with one of Pittsburgh’s largest firms, where his work largely involved the representation of railroads in a variety of matters in both state and federal courts, including eminent domain litigation. As an appraiser, he has extensive experience in the valuation of commercial properties including hotels, resorts, golf courses, shopping malls, big box stores, drugstores, and others. Drawing on both his legal and appraisal backgrounds, Brendan provides our clients with significant insight into emerging valuation issues.
- Miami University (Ohio), BA, Business Journalism
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD
- Currently a Candidate for Designation by the Appraisal Institute
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Appraisal Institute
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Pittsburgh Chapter
- "Pitfalls, Opportunities Abound Within Pittsburgh's Property Tax Code" November 2020, Northeast Real Estate Business
- "Why You Should Reevaluate Your Property Taxes in Light of the Coronavirus Pandemic" Spring 2020, PRLA Restaurant and Lodging Matters