Cecilia J. Hyun
Cecilia J. Hyun is a partner based in the Cleveland office. Her practice is focused on real estate tax assessment in Ohio. She is experienced in handling client portfolios for all commercial property types: retail, industrial, hotel, apartments, health care, and affordable housing located in multiple states. She helps review property tax values, assess appeal strategies, defend against increases in tax assessments, and evaluate potential property tax implications of acquisition/disposition. She works closely with taxpayers to tailor strategies specific to their needs and priorities.
In addition to representing taxpayers before various county boards of revision, the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals, and the Ohio Supreme Court, she has written professional articles on state and local taxation issues.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, magna cum laude
- McGill University, BA, English Literature; East Asian Studies
- Ohio – 2004
- Ohio State Bar Association
- CREW Cleveland, chapter of CREW Network; CREW Cleveland President 2017
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- "Intangible Assets and Your Property Tax Assessment" Properties Magazine, February 2019.
- "Tax Equation - Know when your property tax assessment is excessive" February/March 2015, Restaurant Facility Business Magazine
- "Big-Box Retail Offers Property Tax Lessons for Industrial Owners" June 17, 2015, National Real Estate Investor, cited in the IAAO Library Big-Box Retail Store Valuation Subject Guide
- 2018 IPT Property Tax Article of the Year Award Recipient
- CREW Cleveland 2016 Member-to-Member Business Award Recipient
- CREW Cleveland 2015 Deborah Rocker Klausner Leadership Award Recipient
- CREW Cleveland 2013 Cleveland Member of the Year