Jason is a partner with the firm and directs the Columbus, Ohio office.
Jason practices primarily in the area of property taxation, where he is involved in all aspects of litigating real property tax matters. Jason’s practice encompasses representing clients before the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals, the Ohio Supreme Court, county Boards of Revision, the Ohio Department of Taxation, and other Ohio courts. He also assists clients in matters involving tax exemptions and tax abatements.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason was an administrative tax judge with the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals, where he presided over proceedings related to real property valuation, real property tax exemption, sales and use tax, municipal income tax, personal income tax, and other Ohio state and local taxes. Jason also conducted numerous mediations during his tenure with the Board of Tax Appeals.
Jason’s other professional experience includes working in the state and local tax practice of an international tax and accounting firm.
- Capital University Law School, J.D., 2004 - Honors: CALI Award for Excellence in State and Local Taxation
- Miami University, B.S., Business Administration, 1997
- Ohio – 2004
- American Bar Association - Chair of the Property Tax Committee of the Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Ohio State Bar Association – Tax Committee
- "COVID-19 Demands New Property Tax Strategies" February 2021, Heartland Real Estate Business